You are hereHome > Expanding Horizons 2012 - Louisiana
Expanding Horizons 2012 - Louisiana
May 10, 2012
Sheraton New Orleans – New Orleans, Louisiana
Learn how hundreds of American small businesses have used Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) finance and insurance products to gain access to emerging markets overseas. Discover how you can take advantage of all the products OPIC has to offer to expand internationally while supporting growth at home. Participants will also hear from other U.S. government agencies that offer programs complementary to OPIC, including market research, international partner search, trade financing and feasibility study funding.
OPIC, the U.S. government’s development finance institution, offers a variety of financial tools including direct loans and political risk insurance, to help businesses invest in new and emerging markets. Since 1971, OPIC has supported nearly $200 billion of investment in thousands of projects in more than 150 countries around the world, generating $74 billion in U.S. exports, and creating jobs in local economies overseas as well as in the U.S.
Register now and sign up for one-on-one meeting appointments with key OPIC and other U.S. government agency representatives to get first-hand perspectives and have your important questions addressed.
- OPIC will have key staff on hand to discuss:
- OPIC Political Risk Insurance
- OPIC Small and Medium Enterprise Finance
- OPIC Support for Renewable Energy, and Clean Technologies
- Getting Started with OPIC.
In addition, meetings will be available with a collection of representatives from the:
- Small Business Administration
- Export-Import Bank of the U.S.
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency
- U.S. Department of Commerce, including the U.S. Commercial Service, and Minority Business Development Agency.
For more information about OPIC, please visit www.OPIC.gov.