DSBS  is a free portal sponsored by the Small Business Administration, used for entering and searching small business sources that want to do business with the Federal Government
Purpose: Client Resource, Marketing Businesses
Who should register in DSBS?
- Small businesses that want to do business with the federal government
- Small businesses that meet the SBA size standards
What is required to register?
- Register in CCR and indicate “small business” to generate registration
- Basic business profile, i.e. certifications, set-asides, ownership & capabilities
- Generally self-certifying system
Who can access DSBS?
- Procuring agencies and contracting officers who relied on PRO-Netas the authoritative source for small business vendors
- DSBS is publicly accessible to anyone via the web
Some Benefits of using DSBS:
- Federal Procurement Officers primary tool to conduct market research and confirm eligibility for SBA's procurement preference programs
- Great tool to identify small and minority business enterprises
- Generate “client lead” lists
- Identifying business enterprises by industry and other classifications
- Teaming arrangement leads
- Custom searching and sorting by capabilities