About This Center
The San Antonio MBDA Export Center, which is operated by UTSA’s Institute for Economic Development, provides ethnic minority-owned enterprises (MBEs) with export growth and international business development services to succeed as exporters to Latin America.
Our core services are:
- Export readiness and export effectiveness assessments
- Identification and access to foreign markets and business opportunities abroad
- Export resources discovery (capital, logistics, etc.)
- Business development trips to Latin America
- Export strategy execution
- And more!
Our staff is comprised of experienced professionals in international trade, ready to guide MBEs through the export process and assist them with critical international business know-how.
Project Director: Alberto Rodriguez-Baez
Alberto Rodriguez-Baez, Project Director, has spent his entire professional and academic careers in the field of international business development and marketing. His work experience spans from large global corporations to small businesses; private and public organizations; as well as non-profit and for-profit companies. Alberto earned his MBA at the University of Nebraska.
Alberto is also a CGBP (Certified Global Business Professional), CGBP trainer (sole trainer in the State of Texas), ECoP (Export Compliance Professional), CBC (Certified Business Consultant), and a member of the NASBITE International Board of Governors.
Areas of expertise
- International marketing, sales, and business development
- Selection, management and retention of international distributors
- Negotiation of international distribution agreements
- International market entry
Ignacio Tejedor, International Business Development Specialist, Ignacio’s professional career has always been dedicated to international business in the fields of market research, strategy, sales and project management, which gave him the opportunity of visiting many countries all over the world. He experienced working as international sales for large multinational and small business. He was successful in opening new business and markets for complex products.
Ignacio graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business Administration from the University Carlos III of Madrid (Spain), a Master in International Business from the ICEX-CECO of Spain, and an Executive MBA from the IE Business School.
Areas of expertise
- International business strategy development
- International sales implementation
- Negotiation of contracts and partnership agreements
- Project management