Posted at 6:46 AM
ORCA is an e-Government initiative that was designed by the Integrated Acquisition Environment (IAE) to replace the paper based Representations and Certifications (Reps and Certs) process.
Purpose: Client Research
Who should register in OCRA?
- A respondent to a government solicitation where a CCR registration is required
What is required to register?
- An active CCR registration
- A Marketing Partner ID (MPIN) from the Active CCR registration (a personal pin that allows CCR registrants to access other government applications such as Grants.gov and FBO.gov)
- Annual registration update is required
Who can access OCRA?
- ORCA records are considered public information
- Procurement officials that need to verify certification
- Anyone with access to businesses DUNS number can search ORCA
Some Benefits of using ORCA:
- Primary government tool used to verify a business’ certification status
- A contractor can enter Reps and Certs info once for use on all federal contracts
System for Award Management (SAM) is coming your way!
ORCA and other systems will be migrating to the System for Award Management (SAM) over the coming months. Capability will be made available to users via SAM in stages, starting with the Entity Management capability (CCR/FedReg and ORCA) and the exclusions portion of the Performance Information capability (EPLS) in 2012. Please see Acquisition.gov for additional information.