Only a few more days of indulgent holiday gatherings, vacation, and movie marathons before it is time to commit to your New Year's Resolutions of eating better, exercising more, and flossing every day. For those of us running a business, or thinking of starting a business, the New Year is also a great time to make a few business-minded resolutions. Here are our top six #BizGoals suggestions:
1. Learn to delegate. Even if you are a one-person business, figure out what you can outsource. This will allow you to focus on managing and growing your business.
2. Make a weekly, or at least monthly practice of reviewing your financials. It doesn’t matter if you do the daily bookkeeping or if you outsource it - successful business owners know their financial situations and can make management changes based on sound financial data.
3. Get social. Have you been avoiding social media? Let 2017 be the year you finally take the plunge and get on Facebook. If you have Facebook, take on another platform. Set aside one hour per week to schedule and manage your content.
4. Evaluate your business model. You don’t need to write a 40-page business plan, use the U.S. Small Business Administration Business (SBA) Plan Builder to get a snapshot of where you are and where you can go.
5. Attend a conference, business talk, or training. Not only will you walk away with better business skills, you'll find one of the best reasons for attending these events is the networking.
6. Ask for help. Set an intention to ask for help when you hit roadblocks. You don’t have to go it alone. Fellow business owners, MBDA Business Centers, Veteran's Business Outreach Center, and SBA, are here to help you.
So what is your #NewYearResolution?
Tell us what your #BizGoals are for 2017 with the following hashtags: #NewYearResolution #SmallBiz #BizGoals
This is a guest article from SBA Resource Partner Veteran's Business Outreach Center
Posted at 10:30 AM