Each year, procurement from World Bank and Inter-American Development Bank-financed projects generate thousands of contract awards annually and provide opportunities for U.S. consultants, advisors and suppliers.
Did You Know...
- The World Bank implemented procurement reforms in 2016, moving from a 'lowest cost' to a 'fit for purpose' and 'value for money' model
- World Bank operations totaled $60 billion in 2015
- The Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) has 26 member countries, all in Latin America and the Caribbean
Join the U.S. Commercial Service and learn how you can bid on Development Bank contracts and potentially access millions in procurement opportunities on projects in numerous sectors including:
- Education and Training
- Environment/Natural Resources/Water/Agriculture
- Energy/Transport/Health and more
Commercial Officers Aaron Held (assigned to the World Bank) and Matthew Hilgendorf (assigned to the IADB) will provide tips and best practices on how to successfully bid on Bank projects and use U.S. Commercial Service assistance to position your firm to compete and win.
Date: April 5, 2017
Time: 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Location: Robert H. Smith School of Business Suite, Ronald Reagan Building
For more information, please contact:
Carla Menendez, email@example.com, 443-743-9970
Sandra Collazo, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-235-0101
Posted at 6:44 AM