A Look at Nonemployer Businesses

Image(s) included
Post a comment

Four in five businesses are nonemployers. The number of nonemployer firm has risen 58 percent since 1997, from 15.4 million in 1997 to 24.3 million in 2015, while the number of employer firms has grown 6 percent in the same period. Nonemployer firms account for 3 percent of the annual receipts of US businesses and employer firms account for the remaining 97 percent. On average, nonemployer firms earn about $47,000 annually and employer firms earn nearly $6 million.

Discover more about Nonemployer Businesses